I eat roasted veggies every day. Seriously. I love mixing vegetable flavors and textures with different spices and sauces, and I adore the crispiness you get when you roast the veggies.
One of my favorite veggie combinations lately has been sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts with paprika, so I decided to turn that up a notch by creating a zesty, spicy, creamy paprika sauce to put on top.
These veggies are crisp, spicy, and zesty, and they pair well with almost anything. Try them with southwest veggies burgers, a big salad with cilantro dressing, or even on their own.
ROASTED VEGGIES WITH PAPRIKA ADOBO CREMA
Prep time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 25 minutes
Author: Envi Eats
- 2 large or 4 small sweet potatoes
- 3 large or 5 small red or yellow potatoes
- 1 cup brussels sprouts
- Generous sprinkles of salt and pepper
PAPRIKA ADOBO CREMA
- 1/2 cup plain whole milk greek yogurt
- 1 tsp chili in adobo sauce
- 1 tsp paprika
- a pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 lime, juiced
- Preheat the oven to 415 degrees F.
- Slice the washed sweet and regular potatoes into wedges. Add the potatoes to an oiled baking sheet, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip the potatoes after 10 minutes and add the trimmed and halved brussels sprouts to the tray. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- While the veggies are roasting, combine the greek yogurt, adobo sauce, paprika, pepper, and lime juice until incorporated. Set aside.
- Once the veggies are crisped and ready, remove them from the oven and sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Serve with crema on top or on the side.
Let us know what you think by posting on Instagram with #EnviEats