Another Buddha bowl recipe…YAHOOO!
Here’s a Buddha bowl that is ready to help you rise and shine. It’s quick, protein-packed, and tasty.
This bowl is smokey, spicy, energy packed, and satisfying. It’s also very customizable, and can be made vegan by subbing eggs for tofu scramble or some roasted veggies.
CHICKPEA HASH BREAKFAST BUDDHA BOWL
Prep time: 5 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
Author: Envi Eats
Type: Main dish, Breakfast
CHICKPEA SWEET POTATO HASH
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2-3 small sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 onion
- 1 handful parsley
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Generous sprinkles of salt and pepper
- 4 eggs
- mixed greens
- Greek yogurt
- A pinch of salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Slice the washed sweet potatoes into small cubes. Add the potatoes and drained & rinsed chickpeas to an oiled baking sheet, and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the hash is roasting, fry the eggs with a bit of oil, salt, and pepper. Scramble, or leave as is. Fry the minced onion & garlic on the other side of the pan (this will be for the hash).
- Once the veggies are crisped and tender, remove them from the oven and sprinkle them with salt & pepper, paprika, fried onion & garlic, and lemon juice. Toss with chopped parsley.
- Assemble bowls with a handful of mixed greens, a large scoop of the chickpea sweet potato hash, eggs, sliced avocado, a dollop of greek yogurt, and salt & pepper.
Let us know what you think by posting on Instagram with #EnviEats