Cajun spice + lemon + freshly baked red & sweet potatoes. Yes please!
These fries are crispy, spicy, zesty, and smokey, and pair well with foods like black bean burgers, gumbo, or a seafood boil. And they only take 25 minutes to make!
ZESTY CAJUN FRIES
Prep time: 5 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
Author: Envi Eats
- 2 large or 4 small sweet potatoes
- 3 large or 5 small red or yellow potatoes
- 1/2 lemon
- Cajun spice*
- Generous sprinkles of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 415 degrees F.
- Slice the washed sweet and regular potatoes into wedges. Add the potatoes to an oiled baking sheet, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are crisped on the edges and tender, remove them from the oven and sprinkle them with Cajun spice, salt, and pepper. Squeeze 1/2 lemon over top for extra zest! Stir well, and serve while warm.
*I buy my Cajun spice from my local Food Co-op in the bulk spice isle (I get salt free). Cajun spice can also easily be made with:
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
Let us know what you think by posting on Instagram with #EnviEats