If you have yet to try an RXBAR, you’re missing out! These are exactly as advertised: protein packed with no B.S. ingredients. Unfortunately, they are pretty expensive ($2-3/bar), but they can be made easily at home.
Just six ingredients and a food processor is all you’ll need for this nutritious, raw snack. These bars are chocolaty, coffee-infused, protein packed, and nutty.
COFFEE CHOCOLATE RXBAR
Prep time: 10 minutes
Author: Envi Eats
Makes: 8 balls or squares
- 1/3 cup cup packed & pitted dates
- 1/3 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup unflavored egg white protein powder
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 4 tsp raw cacao nibs or cacao powder
- 1 tsp espresso powder (sub cold brewed coffee or espresso, but add less water)
- 2-4 tsp water
- Add all ingredients to a food processor, and pulse until a dough is formed. Add enough water so that the dough sticks together when you press it between your fingers (I added about 3 tsp). Add less water if you are using espresso or cold brewed coffee.
- Roll into tight balls or press into a pan and cut to desired size.
- Store in the refirdgerator for up to a week, or on the counter top for up to 3 days!
Let us know what you think by pinning and posting to instagram using #EnviEats