Is it lunch time yet? I think it might have to be.
I’ve been making this vegan-ized version of a BLT for a few years now, and it never disappoints. It’s savory, smokey, and perfect for a summer day.
It all starts with the marinated tofu ‘bacon’, which is flavorful and crispy. Add the mayo, tomato, greens, avocado, onion, and bread, and it’s sandwich heaven. Enjoy!
VEGAN BLT SANDWICHES
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Author: Envi Eats
- 16 oz extra firm tofu, pressed
- 1 tbsp neutral oil
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp honey or agave
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Sandwich bread
- spinach or lettuce
- avocado (optional)
- vegan mayo or hummus (optional)
- red onion (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Thinly slice the pressed tofu into strips. Combine all of the tofu ‘bacon’ marinate ingredients together and place strips of tofu into the liquid. Allow to marinade for at least 15 minutes (up to 12 hours).
- Bake the marinated tofu for 15 minutes on each side, or until crispy and fragrant.
- Assemble BLT sandwiches by spreading vegan mayo or hummus on the bread, adding greens, tomato, avocado, onion, and tofu ‘bacon’.
Serve with in sweet potato fries, kettle chips, veggies and hummus, or apple slices!
Let us know what you think by pinning and posting to instagram using #EnviEats